CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
The terms of this Policy may change, so please check it from time to time. We reserve the right to amend this Policy at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Policy, we will post the updates on this website and update the Policy’s effective date. By continuing to use the website following updates and changes to this Policy, you are accepting those updates and changes.
WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect several types of information about you, including:
- Information provided by you, such as name, address, email address, and telephone number.
- Information collected automatically as you navigate through our website. information collected automatically may include usage details, IP address, internet browser, operating system, session ID information, and which links you click on our website.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- to present our website and its contents to you and to improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- to provide you with information, products, or services that your provider, health plan, or you request from us;
- to fulfill our obligations to you;
- to provide case management or care management services as requested by your provider or health plan;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- to enable communications with you regarding our services through email, text message, and phone;
- to perform data analytics and support health care operations and otherwise use such information as permitted by the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act and its implementing regulations (“HIPAA”);
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information and in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose information that we collect about you, or that you provide us directly, as described in this Policy:
- to our related companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates;
- to service providers and other third parties we use to support our website;
- to health care providers and health plans, if applicable;
- to care managers or care coordinators, if applicable;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it (for example, to process your inquiry regarding a service);
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government, regulatory, or law enforcement request;
- to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; and
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Wellvana, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may disclose aggregated and/or deidentified information that does not identify an individual.
UnitedHealthcare creates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf Wellvana. To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided: transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com
This website may contain links to other sites, including the Provider account login. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects your personal information.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on this website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information to or on this website or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us in one of the ways provided in the Contact Information section, below.
YOUR INFORMATION AND HIPAA
All information we collect or receive about patients is protected by HIPAA. Health plans or health care providers may share personal information and other information with others if they are permitted to do so under the laws that apply to them. We cannot control how health plans or health care providers use or share personal information or other information. Please read the applicable health plan’s and/or health care provider’s HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices for more information about how protected health information can be used and disclosed under HIPAA. If you have any questions or concerns about how your health plan or health care provider is managing your information, please contact them directly.
If we receive information from a health plan or health care provider, we may deidentify your personal information using the HIPAA safe harbor method or the expert statistician method of deidentification, if permitted pursuant to our relationship with such plans or providers.
HOW WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Wellvana takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure and to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information on the website. Although Wellvana has these security measures on the website in place, it cannot guarantee your privacy.
Please be aware that email and text messages on your device’s text messaging application are not secure (not encrypted) methods of communication. There is the risk that email messages and text messages on your device could be intercepted or read by other people. If you email us, we will respond to you by email and that email communication will not be secure (not encrypted). Please do not use email to communicate with us about confidential matters. By using the website, you are agreeing to accept these risks and consent to receive unsecure communications.
USING THE WEBSITE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Some website browsers have a “do not track” (DNT) feature that lets you tell other websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. No uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. We do not currently respond to a browser’s DNT signal. We are not aware of, and do not knowingly allow, such third parties to track your activity over time on the website.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy you may call us at 844-935-5826 or click here
to send us a message.